10 Electrical Safety Tips
We may think we know all there is to know about the dangers of electrical mishaps, but there are still electrical safety rules to be strictly observed.
Here are some tips to help people maintain proper caution, to help keep everyone safe and to avoid electrical accidents:
- Electrical devices not in use should be shut off.
- Never ever overload sockets, always use just one plug in every socket.
- Adding a residual current device is an easy way to cut off power and prevent shocks.
- Periodically inspect the condition of the plugs and sockets and get the services of a professional electrician to fix problems.
- Never allow wires or leads to run under carpets where they remain invisible. Besides trip hazards, it’s hard to see the state of cables or wires.
- Never ever allow electric wires or cables to trail over kitchen appliances like toasters or stove tops.
- Do not stick in nails or try to make holes in walls. It’s a potential danger one may not know what’s behind the point of entry.
- Avoid mixing liquids and electricity. They should be kept as far apart as possible.
- Avoid taking major electrical appliances into bathrooms.
- Do not walk in wet into a building directly from the rain or a swimming pool. Buildings are full of electrical sources and could pose a threat to safety.
Source: Top 10 Electrical Safety Tips